Summer Village of Norris Beach Residents
As you have noticed, there is dead fish washing up onto the beaches and shores of Norris Beach. Please see the two options to dispose of the dead fish.
OPTION #1: The County of Wetaskiwin will now accept dead fish at the Lakedell Transfer Station. Please adhere to the indicated conditions if you wish to take the dead fish to the Lakedell Transfer Station.
Transfer Station Conditions:
- All fish must be bagged in plastic and tightly secured.
- The transfer stations will allow the fish to be placed in the regular roll off bins; place carefully, not thrown on top of jagged glass.
- Each resident will be charged a fee ($30 per trip) to drop off the dead fish.
OPTION #2: GFL will be accepting BAGGED dead fish placed in residential garbage cans starting Monday, July 26th. Please adhere to the indicated conditions if you wish to dispose of dead fish in your garbage bin.
Garbage Bin Conditions:
- All fish must be bagged in plastic and tightly secured. Double bagging is recommended.
- Please DO NOT place the fish directly into the garbage bin, again all fish must be bagged and secured.
- Please leave your garbage bin out ready for collection, BEFORE 7:00AM on Mondays for garbage collection.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation as we work through this matter, and readjust our plans to respond to the situation.